LATEST | Canucks interested in Sharks prospect in KHL: Potential Andrei Kuzmenko's type of home-run
The Vancouver Canucks have their sights set on making the Stanley Cup Playoffs for the first time since 2020, but it appears that General Manager Patrik Allvin is looking even further ahead.
On Saturday afternoon, ESPN's Kevin Weekes shared that the San Jose Sharks are receiving interest in 24-year-old forward Sasha Chmelevski, who has been in the KHL for the last two seasons. Chmelevski's rights were retained by the Sharks after they issued him a qualifying offer in the summer of 2022.
"**Breaking News ** 🚨 📰
The @SanJoseSharks currently hold his rights, there's high interest from @NHL
teams in trading to sign Sasha Chmelevski. He's been one of the top players in the KHL for the last 2 seasons, and his representation has been granted permission to engage with @NHL clubs in this process. #HockeyX #HockeyTwitter" Weekes said.
A short while later, Rick Dhaliwal of 'Donnie & Dhali' confirmed that the Vancouver Canucks are one of the teams that have reached out and are interested in Chmelevski.
"The #Canucks have reached out to show interest in this player." Dhaliwal said.
The Huntington Beach, California native has appeared in 49 games for Salavat Yulayev Ufa this season where he's recorded 43 points (21 goals, 22 assists), 22 penalty minutes and is a plus-12.
Previously on CanucksDaily
POLL |
JANVIER 13 | 626 ANSWERS LATEST | Canucks interested in Sharks prospect in KHL: Potential Andrei Kuzmenko's type of home-run Will the Canucks land Sasha Chmelevski? |
Yes | 262 | 41.9 % |
No | 266 | 42.5 % |
See Results | 98 | 15.7 % |
List of polls |